Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flu Shot

I have had it on my 'to-do' list for like a week now: Flu Shots! So, I called the Health Department today and they acted like I was a crazy person for asking about flu shots. I ended up finding out that they acted that way because so many people frantically got their flu shots this year because of H1N1. Physician's have actually ran out of the H1N1 shot, oh yeah and if you have medicaid or medicare you are not covered for this shot(in my town). Anyway I finally sorted it all out with my daughter's pediatrician's office and they finally brought her in and gave her the seasonal flu shot. But since me and my boyfriend are 23 years old they don't even know if or when we can get ours. haha I have never heard of such a thing! What is this world coming to? Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they had enough sense to give my 8, almost 9, month old daughter her flu shot after a long complicated conversation, but since when did it get so hard to get a flu shot because you are an adult? Is this just my little hick town or........?
Anyway, Alana did great. The only time she cried is when we pinned her down. The shot didn't faze her. It was pretty impressive for a little baby. I am proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment